The Community Comes Out to Cheer
When the school day ends and students flood out of U-High and the Middle School with heavy backpacks and homework to do, for many, their day at Lab is not over. With just a short walk across Kenwood Mall into Lab’s athletics facilities, our students transform into athletes. Their focus shifts from statistics to soccer, from biology to basketball. Wellness, health, and physical growth move to the forefront of their minds. They become teammates, experiencing the highs and lows of competition with grit and grace.
Lab's athletics program recognizes that each student has different aspirations and experiences. Respecting each student-athlete’s goals, the teams maintain a no-cut policy while still sustaining a competitive edge. With over 700 grade 6–12 students participating in a variety of sports in both Middle and High School, Lab’s teams boast state championships, conference players of the year, recruited collegiate athletes, and celebrated coaches.
Competition isn’t just for the players, though. Cheering is a community affair! The stands on Jackman Field and the bleachers in the gyms provide a space for students, families, alumni, and teachers to come together and show their school spirit. Seeing our students, coaches, and community members together is unique and inspiring. Whether you love volleyball, track and field, or squash, there are countless opportunities to join the cheering section!
Fall Athletics Highlights Include:
- Girls tennis team places fifth at the State Championships. Doubles team takes an impressive second in the state.
- Girls volleyball team plays the Regional Championships this week, advancing on a ten-game winning streak.
- Girls cross country places second and boys cross country takes third at Regionals. They head to Sectionals this weekend.
- Boys soccer finished their season at the Regional Championship match on Friday. They ended the season with an 8-13-1 record.
- Girls swimming recently won the U-High Invitational as their season continues.
Go Maroons! #Maroon Pride
The bedrock of Lab's philanthropy efforts, the Fund for Lab, provides the Laboratory Schools with funds that allow us to continue to invest in the people and programs that are at the heart of the Lab experience. Every gift, no matter the size, makes an immediate and lasting impact to ensure that Lab continues to thrive. Give today.
- Fund for Lab