Volleyball Girls (Varsity)
- Meet in Upper Kovler from 9:00AM-noon
- Gear: shorts, tee shirt, athletic shoes, knee pads, water bottle
- First day of practice required paperwork: 1) Current physical on file 2) Sports Medicine Acknowledgement & Consent Form signed by athlete and a parent/guardian 3) Consent for Baseline Testing and Release of Information form
- If you are uncertain whether your file is complete, contact Gail Poole BEFORE the first day of practice.
- Visit Schoology for important communications from the Coaches.
The 2018 season starts Monday, August 13.
Head Varsity Coach
Contact Coach Miller
I grew up in the Chicago suburbs, was a three-sport athlete, played French horn, sang in various choirs, then attended Wittenberg University (’89) where I played softball and sang in the Wittenberg Choir, among other activities. I also studied at the University College of Wales in Aberystwyth and competed on their women’s basketball and rugby teams. I waitressed on Hilton Head Island, nannied in Boston, and taught English for two years at Wheeler High School in Valparaiso, Indiana, where I coached volleyball, basketball, softball, and served as the newspaper advisor. In 1991 I started teaching at Lab, got married in 1995, earned my MA from the University of Chicago (’96), and have coached middle school girls basketball and varsity volleyball for years. I am the parent of three Lab “lifers”; I enjoy reading, watching and playing sports, writing, traveling, and spending time with my family and friends. I’ve loved all 28 years here at Lab; it is a wonderful place to learn, teach and grow.
Contact Coach Thaker