Basketball Girls (MS Varsity)
The 2018-19 season starts Monday, November 5.
- On the first day of practice meet in Kovler Lobby.
- Practice after school starts: Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri 3:30-5PM, Wed 3-4:30pm unless a contest is scheduled
- Eligibility: All players are required to have a current physical on file. Physicals are good for 13 months and need to be good throughout the duration of the season. On the first day of practice, students will receive a "Golden Ticket" if the required paperwork was submitted. No student can practice without a ticket.
- If you are uncertain whether your file is complete, contact Gail Poole BEFORE the first day of practice.
- Gear: shorts, tee shirt, gym shoes, and water bottle
Contact Coach Miller
I grew up in the Chicago suburbs, was a three-sport athlete, played French horn, sang in various choirs, then attended Wittenberg University (’89) where I played softball and sang in the Wittenberg Choir, among other activities. I also studied at the University College of Wales in Aberystwyth and competed on their women’s basketball and rugby teams. I waitressed on Hilton Head Island, nannied in Boston, and taught English for two years at Wheeler High School in Valparaiso, Indiana, where I coached volleyball, basketball, softball, and served as the newspaper advisor. In 1991 I started teaching at Lab, got married in 1995, earned my MA from the University of Chicago (’96), and have coached middle school girls basketball and varsity volleyball for years. I am the parent of three Lab “lifers”; I enjoy reading, watching and playing sports, writing, traveling, and spending time with my family and friends. I’ve loved all 28 years here at Lab; it is a wonderful place to learn, teach and grow.