Tuition Benefits & Billing
Please note that Lab does not administer either University tuition remission benefits or tuition payments. Rather, University tuition remission benefits are administered by the University of Chicago Benefits Office, and payment options are administered by the University Bursar's Office. We have compiled the following information for your convenience, but specific questions about benefits and payroll options should be directed to the University offices which support these processes.
For billing and payment inquiries, please use this form to contact the Bursar's office.
For inquiries into the Laboratory Schools tuition benefit please contact your division's benefits administrator:
- University of Chicago Medical Center employees: call 773-702-2355 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Argonne employees call 630-252-8803.
- University of Chicago (and Laboratory Schools) employees: contact University Benefits at 773-702-9634 or email email@example.com.
Below you will find important need-to-know billing details for all Lab families, and information about tuition benefits for University-affiliated families.
You may remit Laboratory Schools tuition and fee payment via the Tuition Payment Gateway.
- The gateway requires separate payments for each student. You will be prompted for the student name, your phone number and the 8-digit Student Account ID number (found on your EBill Statement).
- The Tuition Payment Gateway requires a domestic bank account (savings or checking).
- Credit cards are NOT accepted by the Tuition Payment Gateway.
Tuition payments are no longer accepted in person by either Lab's Business Office or the University Bursar. If you are unable to utilize the Tuition Payment Gateway, you may mail your check or money order to the address listed below.
Please be advised that mailed payments are subject to additional processing time which may result in assessment of late payment fees and account restrictions. To avoid these, be sure to mail your payment well in advance of the payment plan due dates listed above.
- Please make your check payable to The University of Chicago and include your student(s) name(s) and 8-digit Student Account ID Number(s).
- Mail your payment to:
Office of the Bursar
University of Chicago
6030 S Ellis Avenue
Chicago, IL 60637
Please use this contact form should you have any questions or need assistance with billing and payment.