The Laboratory Schools' seeks the finest employees who have a desire to inspire a love of learning in our students, and we employ people with a wide range of skills and training in many different disciplines. We have a long history of commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion work. We continue to build on this work and seek out employees who also share this commitment to one of our core values. We are committed to making sure that Lab is a great place to work, and our connection to the University of Chicago provides our faculty and staff with opportunities that would be nearly impossible to match in any other environment.
Our job openings—teaching, administrative, and support—are listed on The University of Chicago's Job Opportunities web site. In order to be considered, please review and select positions (listed to the right) for which you would like to apply to be directed to the University's online application page.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law.
For additional information, please see the University’s notice of nondiscrimination. Staff job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-834-1841 or email The University of Chicago Human Resources Office of Talent Acquisition at email@example.com with their request.
- Teaching & Clerical Substitutes
- Current UChicago Employees
- External Applicants
- Extended Day
- Summer Lab
- Extra-Service Positions
The Laboratory School is accepting resumes for our Substitute Teaching & Clerical Pool for Academic Year 2018/19. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume indicating areas of teaching or clerical interest via the UChicago External Workday career site Substitute Teacher Requisition. Resumes will be reviewed and forwarded to the appropriate Principal or designee for approval.
Although we are accepting resumes for all disciplines, we have specific need for substitutes in the following areas:
- Lower School Homeroom Teacher, Long Term
- Early Childhood (N–2)
- Lower School (3–5)
- World Languages (all grades)
- HS Science
- Physical Education
Temporary Non-Teaching Positions Available. Application details are found in the link.
- Log into Workday and select the career worklet. Use the Find UChicago Jobs report to search for and apply to jobs submitted after December 17, 2017. Continue to visit UChicago Jobs to apply for positions posted or check the status of an application submitted before that date.
- Create an account in UChicago’s new external Workday career site to apply for a position or check the status of an application submitted after December 17, 2017. Continue to visit UChicago Jobs to apply for positions posted or check the status of an application submitted before that date.
The Laboratory Schools Extended Day Program is accepting applications for part-time Extended Day Teaching Interns and Assistants.
A Teaching Fellowship in Extended Day is a year-long assignment in which an education professional works with a specific grade level to implement an enriching and engaging after school curriculum. Read about the Early Childhood Fellowship and the Lower/Middle School Fellowship.
An Extended Day Assistant is a part-time position that supports the after-school program in several different capacities.
Summer Lab seeks the finest employees who have a desire to inspire a love of learning in our students. We recommend that interested parties spend time reviewing our summer program offerings. Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your interest within our online application.
- Nursery/Kindergarten Assistant Teacher
- Primary/Lower School Academic Assistant
- Primary/Lower School Enrichment Assistant
- Middle/High School Academic Assistant
- Early Childhood Activity Leader
- Administrative Support Assistant
- Activity Assistant
Extra-Service Positions include contracted athletic and academic coaches for extracurriculars. These positions are open to Lab and non-Lab employees. When Extra Service Openings are available, they will be listed here. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Athletic Department of the Laboratory Schools has the following extra-service coaching positions open for the 2017/18 academic year:
- Girls JV Head Soccer Coach—High School
Qualifications: Prior coaching or comparable experience required; two or more years experience working with high school/middle school students preferred.