Parents are vital in ensuring the continued excellence of Lab. Parent volunteers organize community activities, assist teachers in the classroom, and provide critical resources to the school. A few of the many things parents contribute:
- Annual giving from parents, which funds financial aid and operations, is vital to 1) sustaining the diversity so important to a Lab education and 2) ensuring the best students are able to attend.
- Lab's annual fundraising event, Connections, organized by a committee of parent volunteers, raises nearly $500,000 each year to support priority educational initiatives and financial aid.
- The Parents' Association Grants Program awards funds for innovative teaching and student initiatives at all school levels, encouraging professional development and enhancement of educational objectives.
- The Parents Association spearheads community-building events like the Bizarnival Halloween party and the Rites of May international festival.
- Room parents and PA council members sponsor speakers, organize classroom and grade level celebrations, and keep other parents informed on key issues at Lab.
- Parent mentoring programs ensure that new families to the school feel welcome and informed.
From visits to enrich classroom activities to arrangements for community service programs, our resourceful, generous, and creative parents provide extraordinary enhancements to the educational life of the Laboratory Schools.