In case you missed this message sent out Sunday: The online form for Computing and Audiovisual Capital Expenditure Requests is now ready to go at the link below. Before you jump to the link, please take a moment to read what follows.
1) This form is for computing and audiovisual requests and is different from the process Tony Wilson uses for furniture and other physical plant items.
2) This form is the only method for submitting requests. E-mails, voice mails, standalone spreadsheets, or hallway stop-and-chats don't count.
3) Computers and audiovisual systems are on a defined life cycle for replacement. Those items at end of cycle need not be requested. If you have questions about the status of equipment assigned to you, please contact Michele Wheeler at 4-1870 to find out.
4) The deadline for requests to be submitted is April 4. The form will not be available after that date. Before I pull the online survey, I'll confirm with you that your request was received so there are no misunderstandings.
5) Every effort is made to advise requestors of decisions by the last day of school, earlier if possible. There have been times when circumstances beyond my control have made that impossible, but those are the exception, not the rule. It takes a lot of time to determine pricing, specifications, vendor quotes for a/v installs, etc. and fit them all into a single package that meets as many needs as possible without exceeding available funds.
6) For those new to the Schools, please be aware that this process is the primary means for acquiring new hardware, so please take time to anticipate your needs for next year now. I won't be able to help you once those funds are expended, which happens early in the fiscal year.
7) Software, online subscriptions, and consumable items are not eligible for capital funding.
If you would like assistance in formulating your request, please let me know. The April 4th deadline is a real deadline :-)
Here is the link: http://goo.gl/62D1aA
Happy to answer any questions, as is Rob Koontz. Please note that I will be at the NAIS conference Tuesday-Friday of this week, but will be back at Lab on Monday, March 3.
I'll send a couple or reminders along the way.
Director of Information Technology