Welcome to Lab Athletics 2015-16
Posted May 20 2015
The following is important need to know information before the season begins. Student-Athletes’ Responsibilities
- All students must register prior to the sport season. If your child has not yet signed up for fall sports, please register through Power School at Sports Registration.
- All student-athletes must have a current physical exam on file before participating in an athletic practice or contest. A physical exam is good for 395 days from the date of the exam. The IHSA pre-participation exam form can be downloaded from the Athletics Department website.
- The Athletic Office is requesting that if your child thinks he or she may participate in a team sport during the 2015-2016 academic year, that they submit their physical exam by August 11 to ensure participation on the first day of practice in their season. A physical exam with a May 2016 – August 2016 date is good for this entire school year.
- High School athletes and their parents must electronically sign the IHSA Acknowledgement and Consent form through their respective Power School accounts.
- High School athletes' parents must review and sign the ImPact Consent for Baseline Cognitive Testing and Release of Information form. ImPact is a new proactive tool that is part of Lab's concussion management program.
Maroons Camp Registration is Open!
Posted Jun 18 2015
Register Now for July three day Camps!More
Girls Volleyball - 6th to 12th graders
Coed Tennis - 9th to 12th graders
Coed Golf - 9th to 12th graders
Coed Cross Country - 6th to 12th graders Register for Volleyball here!
Register for Tennis, Golf or Cross Country here!
Baseball Wins Regional Championship!
Posted Jun 02 2015
The baseball team defeated Latin 3-2 in a thrilling game on Saturday to win the 3A Regional Championship.
The baseball teams moves on to the 3A Sectional Championship at Brooks College Prep on Thursday night at 7:00, we compete with the winner of the Harlan Regional, that game is being played Monday the 1st of June.More
Tennis Qualifiers Go to State
Posted Jun 02 2015
Congratulations to Freshman Sam Fleming who won three matches and to Ajay Chopra who won one match scoring five points for the Maroons at the IHSA State Tennis Championships. This put the Maroons at a tie for 43rd place in the state out 299 tennis teams. There is just one class for all the tennis teams in Illinois.More
Track and Field Season
Posted May 26 2015
Congratulations to our track and field coaching staff of Debbie Ribbens, Lynne Ingalls, Nick Puaca and Chris Koutavas for being selected ISL Girls Track and Field Coaching Staff of the Year for 2015.
The Maroons won the ISL Girls Track and Field Conference Championship for the third consecutive year, winning 7 events and outscoring the second place team by 50 points. In addition the girls team this year won the 12-team Chicago Christian Invitational, finished second place in the IHSA 2A Sectional meet. The team sent 10 runners to compete at the 2A State Championship meet this past weekend.
The 4x800 relay team set a new school record established 20 years ago, high jumper Alex Thompson tied the school record clearing 5-4” and winning All-State honors placing 4th in the state.
Kudo’s to the coaches on a fine job this year.
This week in Sports
There are no games posted for this time period.