Lab is now accepting applications for the 2018–19 academic year
Thank you for your interest in the University of Chicago Laboratory Schools, and welcome to the application and admission process. Our goal is to support your effort to find a school that fits your child’s and family’s needs.
Anticipated spaces for 2018–19
- Nursery 3: approximately 130 seats
- Grades 1 and 2: approximately 5–10 seats per grade
- Grade 6: approximately 20 seats
- Grade 9: approximately 25 seats
- Grades N4, K, 3–5, 7, 8, 10, 11: approximately 3–5 seats per grade
- Grade 12: applications only considered in special circumstances
A note about priority enrollment consideration
Please note that admissions is not guaranteed to any applicant, and all applicants must complete the same admissions process. Lab is a division of the University of Chicago, and as such, priority consideration is given to the children of University of Chicago faculty. Laboratory Schools employees are also offered priority consideration. In an effort to support the desire of most families to have all their children in the same school, preferential consideration is also extended to current sibling families and children of Lab alumni are offered special priority.
- Applicants to Nursery 3 must be two years old before Sept. 1, 2017
- Applicants to Nursery 4 must be three years old before Sept. 1, 2017
- Applicants to Kindergarten must be four years old before Sept. 1, 2017
- Applicants to Grade 1 who are not currently enrolled in Kindergarten must be 5 years old before Sept. 1, 2017
- Applicants to other grades should apply to the grade immediately following the grade in which the applicant is currently enrolled.
- For full consideration, a separate financial aid application must be completed between November 1, 2017 and January 31, 2018.
- More information is online here.
- Ability to pay is not a consideration during Lab’s admissions process. While financial aid is designed to help shrink the gap between what a family can afford and the cost of a Lab education, all families are expected to contribute some portion towards tuition and fees.
Si usted le gustaria hablar con alguien en espanol en relacion con el proceso de solicitud, por favor llame Arcelia Guerrero Wolfe a 773-795-5757. Gracias!